This highly nutritious and tasty recipe cooks in a jiffy . Its high protein content makes it ideal for people on diet.
1.White button muushrooms – 20 to 25 large
2.Onion , garlic ,ginger and tomato paste – 5 tbsps
3.Green chillies (finely chopped) – 2
4.Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 1 tbsp
5.Butter – 1 tbsp +1 tsp
6.Spices ( turmeric powder , garam masala powder) – 1/2 tsp each
7.Bay leaf – 1
8.salt to taste.
- Wash the mushrooms thoroughly . Pat them dry . Cut into 8 parts ( if large) and into quarters ( if medium ).
- Put 1 tsp butter in a wok on high flame . Add the mushrooms and stir – fry for a minute . Empty it into a bowl .
- Take 1 tbsp of butter in tha same wok .Add bay leaf . Add the paste and turmeric powder and salt . Cover and cook on medium flame for 5 to 10 minutes stirring occasionally . Remove the lid and fry till the oil seperates .
- Add the mushrooms and let it cook on medium for 5 mins . Do not cover . (Mushrooms need very less time to cook )
- After 5 mins add garam masala powder , chopped green chillies , coriander leaves, a dollop of fresh cream and mix well. Serve hot with rotis.