This is an all time favourite for all age groups and believe me, your work gets much easier if you have the ready to fry chicken thighs sitting in your freezer. At times, for health reasons I do air fry or put it under the grill or even bake it. This versatility makes it a must for large gatherings. You can make it with chicken drumsticks but, I prefer thighs because they have much more meat in it.
Servings are upto you because people do go for two at times. So six chicken thighs is what I am targeting at.
- 6 chicken thighs deskinned
- For the marination : 2tbsps each of ginger garlic paste, light soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, tomato sauce, hot pepper sauce, rice vinegar.
- For the coating : 2 eggs beaten with a pinch of salt, 100 gms of refined flour with a pinch of salt, 200 gms of bread crumbs mixed with 1 tsp each of onion powder, garlic powder, red chilli powder, mixed herbs, a pinch of salt and 50 gms of grated parmesan.
- Oil to deep fry.
- Wash and clean the chicken thighs. Make two diagonal slits on both the sides of thighs.
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients for marinade.
- Coat the chicken thighs with the marinade and let it rest for at least half an hour at room temperature.
- Now, take flour in a plate, add a pinch of salt and keep aside.
- Beat eggs in a bowl with a pinch of salt and keep aside.
- Spread breadcrumbs on a plate and add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Now, we need to keep one of our hands dry and the other will do the messy work or like me, you can use a fork for wet ingredients and both your hands to coat the dry ones.
- Take the thighs one by one and first coat in the flour, then coat it with the egg and then onto the final plate of breadcrumbs.
- Coat it very well using your hands.
- Now keep it an air tight box and freeze it or fry it.
- To deep fry, take a deep wok and add oil to it. The oil should not be very hot or else the outside coating burns leaving the inside uncooked.
- When the oil is medium hot, add the thighs one by one and leave it on low heat for 10 minutes.
- After which flip the thighs and cook for 5 to 8 minutes on low heat.
- When the outside coating turns brown, take it out an a kitchen towel.
- Serve it hot.
- To grill or bake, spray oil on both the sides of the thighs and put it under the preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 10 to 15 minutes. The timing varies according to the size of the oven.
- I make a batch of minimum 12 thighs or legs and store it in the freezer. So, the days I do not feel like going to the kitchen, I just take the box out of the freezer two hours earlier and pop it in the oven and make a nice crunchy and fruity fresh salad with lots of seeds and nuts.