Also known as gobi musallam is one of the tastiest vegetarian recipes and can be served as a centre piece on your dining table.
I have made its steps fairly easy for beginers .
Whole cauliflower 750 gms
Tomato puree 200 gms
Curd 100 gms
Bay leaves 2
Turmeric powder 2 tsps
Curry powder 1tsp
Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder 1/4 tsp
Kasoori methi 1/4 tsp
Onion paste 200 gms
Cashew paste 100 gms
Tomato sauce 1 tbsp
Ghee 2 tbsps
Oil 1 tsp
Water 1/2 cup
Salt to taste.
- Make paste with 1 tsp turneric powder, 1/4 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tsp of oil and keep aside.
- Wash the cauliflower thoroughly under running water and check carefully to get rid of any dirt or small insects trapped inside.
- After which apply the paste on the cauliflower and ensure it is coated wirh the spices.
4.Turn on the flame of the gas on high and place the spiced cauliflower on the flame directly and roast it carefully on all sides to get charred marks all over.
- Keep it aside.
- Put the pressure cooker on medium flame and add bay leaves , onion paste, tomato paste and cashew paste. Fry it very well.
- Then add all the powdered spices and fry.
- Now add tomato sauce and curd and fry.
- Add salt and fry and add the whole cauliflower. Make sure to coat it with the masala on all sides.
- Add water and then put the cauliflower with the flower side down.Put the lid and cook on low flame for two whistles. After which turn off the gas.
- After removing the lid turn the cauliflower upside down inside the cooker and then bathe it with the spices and juices released while cooking.
- Now add ghee, kasoori methi and fry till the masala dries up.
2 thoughts on “Pressure Cooked Whole Cauliflower”
Great flavors in this dish! 🙂
Thank you so much, Ronit.
LikeLiked by 1 person