Holidays are almost over and if you’ve fallen short of new recipes, this is the one.
It is not necessary that you put in all the ingredients that I used in this recipe. For non vegetarians the choices are unlimited, vegetarians can make this by just avoiding sausages. I put veggies and soya chunks to make it a complete meal. This can be made ahead and children at home can have it when they feel hungry.
- 300 gms of elbow macaroni
- 50 gms of mini soya chunks
- 1/2 kg ripe red juicy tomatoes
- 8 fat cloves of garlic grated
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 medium carrot finely chopped
- 1 green capsicum finely chopped
- 1 hot fresh red chilli finely chopped
- 3 long sausages slit lengthwise into two and cut into fine slices of half moon
- 5 tbsps of sliced black and green olives combined
- 1 tbsp sun- dried tomatoes
- 4 tbso parmesan or any other cheese
- Frozen or fresh oregano for garnish
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
1.Boil macaroni and soya chunks in water and 1 tbsp of salt, as per packet instructions and then drain and keep aside.
2.Cut the tomatoes into four and blend it without water. Keep aside.
2. Take oil in a wide non- stick pan and once hot, add garlic and fry . Do not let them turn brown.
3. Add carrots and fry for a minute.
4. Add the blended tomato, paprika powder, fresh chillies, salt, sausages, Italian seasoning, sun dried tomatoes and let it cook for 5 mins on medium heat.
5. Add capsicum and macaroni ( rinse thoroughly under running water before adding) and soya chunks and mix well.
6. Add fresh or frozen oregano leaves, parmesan cheese, black and green olives and mix well.
7. Turn off the flame and cover and let it rest for a few mins. Serve hot with any drink of your choice.