Pancakes are an ultimate breakfast option, giving you the ease of mixing anything and everything under the sun. Keeping the health factor in mind, I made a mix of few types of flour and natural sugar. This can be made using any one of the flour also.
Makes 10 pancakes
- 10 gms of quinoa flour
- 10 gms of coconut flour
- 10 gmsof buckwheat flour
- 10 gms of almond flour
- 20 gms of whole wheat flour or refined flour
- 1 egg or 1 banana
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 2 gms of baking powder
- 2 gms of baking soda
- 10 gms of coconut sugar or jaggery ( you can use normal sugar or brown sugar)
- A pinch of salt..
- Few drops of any oil or butter of your choice.
- Maple syrup or date syrup or honey to drizzle on top.
- Mix all the dry ingredients well and keep aside.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a bowl and if you are using a banana, take a very ripe one and mash with the back of your fork. Alternatively, you can put it in the blender.
- If you are using egg, beat it very well with a fork and mix it with the wet ingredients.
- Mix everything together to make a thick batter.
- Heat the non- stick tawa(pan) and spray oil or scatter few drops on the tawa.
- Scoop out two tablespoons of batter for each pancake and after dropping the batter on the pan, do not swivel the pan.We are looking for fat and plump pancakes equal to the size of an Indian puri.
- As soon as bubbles start appearing around the sides of the pancakes, flip and cook for a min on medium flame.
- Serve with fresh fruits and a dollop of sour cream or with maple syrup or date syrup or even honey.
- If you want to make this with only refined flour or whole wheat flour you can go ahead. But, the proportion of flour should be equal to the mentioned quantity.