A colourful blend of vegetables to go with rotis (Indian flat bread) . You can use any combination of veggies . I happened to cook this on a day when I wanted to clear my fridge of all the remaining veggies .It turned out pretty well .
Serves 4 .
- Medium sized potatoes (diced small ) – 2
- Cauliflower (medium sized florets cut very small ) – 4
- Cabbage (chopped into small squares ) – 1/4
- Medium sized carrot (diced small) – 1
- French beans (cut into small rings ) – 6
- Green peas – 1 bowl
- Tomatoes (grated) – 2
- Coriander leaves (chopped fine )
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- salt to taste.
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida ( hing ) – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp.
- Take oil in a wok and put it on the burner to heat .
- Once hot, add mustard seeds and hing .As soon as they begin to crackle add potatoes , carrots and cauliflower . Mix well . Cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until the veggies are half done .
- After that , add french beans ,cabbage and green peas . Mix . Then add the dry spices and salt .
- Then add tomatoes and mix . Cover and cook . After 5 mins , remove the lid and stir. We do not want to overcook the veggies or else they lose their brilliant colour.
- Fry on high heat till everything comes together and oil seperates from the sides of the wok .Add finely chopped coriander and serve .