An Austrian delicacy passed slowly to many countries is a total delight. To complete the platter I usually make a batch of roast potato wedges.
Serves : 4
- Chicken breast fillets ( slit and beaten thin ) – 4
- Eggs (beaten ) – 2
- Bread crumbs – 100 gms
- Refined flour – 100 gms
- Onion powder – 1 tbsp
- Garlic powder – 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Lime juice – 1 lime
- Salt to taste .
- Take chicken breast boneless fillets and slit it to open up into a butterfly shape . Pound it very thin .
- Marinate the pieces with lime juice , salt and pepper .
- Spread maida or refined flour on a plate . Add onion and garlic powder. Mix well .
- After marinating for a minimum of half an hour, coat the pieces one by one with the maida mix .
- Beat eggs in a bowl . Dip the pieces in egg batter one by one .
- Transfer the pieces on to a plate with bread crumbs . Coat the pieces very well with bread crumbs . Pat them on both sides .
Take oil and butter in a pan and fry it till crisp and brown on both sides .Serve with baked or fried potatoes .