This has saved me and my family so many times from hunger pangs and all of us carry a few in our hand bags. The one I make is moister than the store ones and normally I have a spare box in my fridge. I have added whatever I had in my fridge and felt was good for my family’s health. If you do not have all ingredients you can still go ahead skipping a few, barring the basic ones like oats, chia seeds, honey and butter.
Makes 12 bars
- 200 gms of instant or porridge oats
- 100 gms of jaggery
- 50 gms of honey
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 8 fleshy and seedless dates
- 4 tbsp chia seeds (sabzaa)
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp flax seeds (alsi)
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 4 tbsps chopped dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 100 ml water
- Take grated jaggery, butter, honey,dates and water in a pot and put it to boil.( The colour of the ready bar changes to dark brown if we add dates. It can be made without dates also)
- Take all the remaining dry ingredients in a bowl and mix with a spoon.
- Put the oven to pre- heat at 180 .
- Boil the liquid till everything comes together. Try to squish the boiled dates with a fork to mix the dates into the liquid.
- Pour the hot liquid into the bowl of dry ingredients .
- Mix everything well.
- Set it perfectly in a brownie pan and pop it in the oven for 25 mins.
- Take it out of the oven and cut with a knife into your required shape and size.
- Do not try to take them out immediately.Leave it to cool in the pan itself.
Your granola bar is ready and you are happy that you have added whatever you like and is good for your family.