This recipe is one of the most satisfying and good looking vegetable dish.Cooking this recipe is very easy but cutting it takes time. When your table has all the colours and you need to add a green beauty then this comes to your rescue. To me it is very satisfying when combined with roti or rice.
- French beans (tender) – 250 gms
- Freshly grated coconut – 2 tbsps
- Black mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Hing or asafoetida – a pinch
- Red chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil.
- Wash the beans and remove the side strings from beans if they are a bit mature and then cut.
- If they are very tender they don’t have strings. Just cut them into half an inch pieces.
- Add oil to the pan and add mustard seeds and hing. Let them crackle and then add the beans. Lower the flame.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and cover and cook on low heat for ten minutes. Do not add water.
- Remove the lid and stir. At this stage, add grated coconut and stir fry.
- Your dish is ready to serve.