This recipe is my favourite because within no time, I can feed an army of people and without much preparation. When people look for a comforting recipe to cook on a cold winter night I would definitely recommend this recipe. You do not need to have fixed ingredients for this recipe. Little imagination, your family’s likings, availability of ingredients all contribute to this healthy one pot meal.
- Chicken or vegetable stock – 1 litre
- Onion chopped finely – 2 tbsps
- Garlic chopped finely – 1 tbsp
- Few Chicken strips
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 soup cube
- 1 cup of very finely chopped vegetables like cabbage, mushrooms, spring onion greens, beans, carrots and capsicums combined.
- 1/4 cup of corn kernels
- 1 cup of uncooked elbow macaroni.
- Take a deep pan and add 1 tbsp of oil or butter.
- When the oil is hot, add onion and garlic and saute till transparent.
- Then add the chicken strips and saute for a minute.
- Now add the stock and let it come to a boil. Add the soup cube, macaroni and simmer the heat. Cook for ten minutes or till the macaroni gets cooked.
- After which add the vegetables and cook it for two minutes. We are looking for crunch in the veggies which is why do not cook for very long.
- Add the egg white and keep stirring continuously. Now add milk and do not cook further.
- Serve it hot. It is very filling. Add chopped green chillies if you like it hot and spicy.