This recipe has been loved and cherished by my friends over years and keeping their request in mind, I present this healthy and crunchy salad. Raw papaya is known to be heaty and so would be ideal for winters.
- Green raw papaya
- Small carrot
- Fresh green chillies
- Lime or lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- You need a fresh, hard and green Papaya. Wash it, pat it dry and remove its skin from all sides.
- You can either put in a food processor after cutting it into slices OR put it into a spiralizer OR simply hold the peeled whole papaya in your hands, make long cuts vertically very close to each other and make sure whole papaya has gotten the cuts. Use a grater and run vertically along the cuts. You will get thin strips of papaya OR simply use a grater.
- Repeat the same with carrots making sure to put very little quantity. Carrots are put just to give colour to the otherwise pale salad. You can avoid carrots altogether.
- Keep the grated veggies in a bowl to chill in the fridge.
- Just before serving squeeze fresh lime or lemon juice and sprinkle salt and pepper. Garnish with chillies.
- Goes very well as an accompaniment with cutlets and patties.
- I have not mentioned the servings or quantities because some would like this as a side dish wheras some would love to have this simply as a main dish. You can go ahead and use the quantities as per your taste and requirement.
- For extra crunch you can always add toasted nuts of your choice.