I am sure you have heard a lot about Indian green chutney. This one is a bit different because I incorporated very tasty and healthy nuts in it. By adding nuts, the chutney gets a creamy texture. I generally make and keep this in the fridge for a week. If I keep it in the freezer, I add very hot oil to it and mix well before storing.
Take a bunch of coriander leaves, a bunch of mint leaves, 2 fat cloves of garlic, 1 fresh green chilli, 20 soaked and deskinned piatachios(optional), juice of 1 lime, salt to taste and 25ml of water or minimum water in a blender and blend it till creamy. Store it in an air-tight jar.
- You can marinate cubes of chicken, paneer or whatever you fancy and pop it under the grill.
- Eat it simply with nachos or parathas.
- Make tangy pasta with it.
- Add to your dough to make chapatis.
- Make cheese and chutney sanwich.
- Steam chicken and coat in the chutney.
- Add 1 tablespoon of chutney to a bowl of mayonnaise to create a herby dip.
- Spread in your wraps and rolls.
- Serve with tandoori chicken.
- Toss rice with this to make a quick green minty fried rice.
- Steam fish with this marinade.
Chutneys are so versatile!!!