Breakfast, according to most nutritionists, is the most important meal of the day. I make sure to provide my family with a wholesome breakfast.
Children, or even my grown up daughters are in so much of a hurry in the mornings that they tend to skip breakfast or go for just a cup of coffee with biscuits. That’s when I came up with this recipe and since then have been making it almost everyday.
Oats are known to have so many health benefits, are great system cleansers and combined with probiotics and fruits take it to an altogether different level.
Summer vacations are about to begin and children can enjoy this healthy treat. In fact, they can assemble it on their own and have it, and they will be proud of having made something for themselves.
- 4 tbsps of dry roasted oats
- 4 tbsps of thick yogurt or hung curd ( I use my homemade yogurt)
- 4 tbsps of finely chopped fruits of your choice ( I prefer using fresh berries, mangoes and kiwis)
- 2 tbsps of honey
- Chocolate chips or grated dark chocolate or any other decoration of your choice
- In a bowl, mix curd and honey and add oats well and keep it aside.
- Chop your fruits. I use fresh strawberries and blackberries. I would advise you not to use apples, watermelons and cantaloupes in this recipe.
- Take your serving glass and add 2 tbsps of fruits at the base. Top it with the oats mixture.
- Again, make a layer of fruits and repeat the procedure.
- Top it with sprinklers or whatever decoration your family likes.
- This recipe can be made at night, kept in the fridge overnight and can be had for breakfast. Adding nuts gives a lovely crunch to the otherwise smooth mix.
- I make a batch of these every morning and I am happy that my children would grab them instead of going for the alternative unhealthy snacks.