This is a very popular and tasty Indian chicken preparation and takes no extra effort to make it. I, personally feel it is the easiest chicken recipe ever and especially when guests are around I can just pop it in the grill and forget it.
- 4 large skinless chicken thighs and a few small thigh boneless pieces
- 2 tbsps tandoori masala powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder ( optional)
- 4 tbsps of thick yogurt
- 2 tbsps of my garlic, ginger and green chilli paste
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 2 medium onions cut into chunks
- 2 not very juicy tomatoes cut into chunks
- 1 large green capsicum cut into small squares
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste.
- Take the thighs on the bone and make slits on the upper side.
- Put all the boneless and pieces with bone in a bowl.
- Take yogurt, the garlic ginger and green chilli paste, tandoori masala, turmeric, salt, lemon juice and 1 tbsp olive oil in another bowl and mix well with spoon.
- Take a deep tray and place all the pieces in it.
- Rub the marinade into the pieces and let it rest for at least half an hour.
- Put the tray under a hot grill for 20 mins on one side and flip and cook for 10 mins on the other.
- In the meantime, take remaining 1 tbsp oil in a wok and on high heat sautee onions, tomatoes and capsicum.
- When the chicken is done,bring out the pan and add the sauteed veggies and mix well with the gravy and let it rest inside the hot grill for 10 to 15 mins.
- Serve hot with roti (Indian flatbread).
The whole process can be replicated similarly on stovetop using a nonstick pan..