This is my way of a much required weekend cleansing of my own and my family’s system. It is a very simple, easy and a no fuss drink.
- 8 ripe juicy red tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 long and fat celery stick chopped( You can use mint or coriander if you cannot find celery)
- 2 tsps of fresh lemon juice
- Rock salt to taste
- Water as required
- A few drops of tabasco sauce.
- Put everything in a blender except tabasco sauce.
- Blend well, strain the juice in a jug and keep it in the fridge.
- Serve chilled in individual glasses with a celery stick which functions as a stirrer.(You would require to stir occasionally or else the pulp floats on top and water tends to settle at the bottom of the glass)
- Tomato and celery are a match made in heaven.
- Tabasco sauce makes it hot and spicy. It is better to let people help themselves .