Today I whipped up a very tasty and creamy pesto. Coloured bell peppers are in season now and you can just grill a few and freeze it and can whip this pesto whenever required.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 large tomatoes
- 6 fat unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- Few basil leaves
- 1 small fresh red or green chilli
- 1 tbsp sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste.
- Take ingredients no 1,2 and 3 and spread them on a baking tray.
- Drizzle olive oil and put it under the pre heated grill at 220 for 15 mins or till you get grill marks.
- This can also be done on an open flame making sure to turn it and char it on all sides.
- Once it has cooled down, peel the skin of all the three ingredients.
- Toast walnuts in a pan.
- Add everything to a blender and blend till smooth and satiny.
- Your dip or your spread is ready.
- This spread is very healthy and can be had by people who are on a strict diet.
- While serving, serve with cucumber sticks, carrot sticks and simple toasted unbuttered bread.
- It will definitely taste better if you add butter to your bread .