A very healthy snack or starter option if made in small roundels. I have made big ones though.It can function as a patty or a sandwich filling as well. The minced shrimp is cooked by wrapping it in banana leaf. Although,I ran out of banana leaves and wrapped it in turmeric leaves one time and it was pretty good. Either of them work well with the mince.
- Small shrimps 200 gms
- Fresh coconut grated 100 gms
- Kasundi or Mustard Paste 2 tbsps
- Green or red fresh chillies 2
- Mustard oil 2 tbsps
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Finely chopped coriander leaves 2 tbsps
- Banana leaves as required
- Salt to taste.
- Put everything except banana leaves in a blender and blend coarsely.
- Transfer the mixture to an air-tight container and leave to rest for an hour.
- Take banana leaves, wipe them clean and wave them over fire to make them pliable.
- Cut into squares making sure it would provide ample room to the prawn filling inside.
- Scoop prawn mixture to make a burger patty and place it on the banana leaf square.Fold it on all sides to seal it .
- Heat a frying pan and put 1 tsp of oil .
- Arrange the parcels to cover the entire pan.
- Simmer, cover and cook on one side for around 2 – 3 mins or until the leaf turns brown.
- Flip and cook on the other side as well.
- Serve it hot inside the parcels.
I have used Kasundi(a bengali ready to eat mustard sauce)to make it easy for busy people.This sauce is available in super markets and online also.