This is a Bengali speciality and is made quite often. I have simplified this old recipe by using only two ingredients and it takes hardly any time before it gets ready.
Makes 30 laddoos.(balls)
- 400 gms of freshly grated coconut(only the white part)
- 400 ml of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Take a non stick shallow pan and when it heats up, add grated coconut and fry on medium heat for a minute.
- Then, add the condensed milk and stir non- stop on high heat for a good 10 mins.
- Add cardamom powder and fry for 5 more minutes.
- Turn the flame off and let it cool( not completely).
- When it becomes easy to handle, make them into round balls.
I make quite a few delicacies using this recipe as base.I will be putting up the recipes shortly.