This is a throwback to my first ever recipe on the blog. At that time I didn’t have many readers so I wanted to share this again!This is my go-to recipe for picnics and quick snacks and takes barely half an hour
Sandwich Bread 400 gms
Chicken breast boneless 200 gms
Mayonnaise 100 gms
Cheese spread 50 gms
Tomato sauce 1tsp
Hot Pepper sauce 1tsp
Black Pepper powder 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves or Parsley (chopped finely)
Salt to taste
- Marinate chicken pieces with garam masala and salt.Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- To make the sauce,we add mayo, cheese spread, tomato sauce, hot pepper sauce, cheese spread, pepper powder in a bowl and mix it evenly with a spatula. Keep it aside.
- Take a shallow non-stick pan. Rub it with oil (Any vegetable oil).
- Turn the flame on. Put the marinated chicken pieces on to the pan. As it starts to cook, simmer the burner, cover with lid, let it cook for 5 minutes on one side, flip it, let it cook for 2-3 minutes or until it is fully cooked. Let it cool for a while.
- Once it has cooled enough to touch, shred the cooked chicken into small pieces.
- Drop the chicken into the sauce and mix well.
- Add chopped coriander leaves to the filling and mix it well.
- Take the bread slices and trim the edges. Put a substantial amount of filling inside the sandwiches. Cut into triangles.
- Store it in an airtight box. Serve as and when required.
Note: The filling can be made beforehand and kept in the refrigerator. It stays fresh for a week! On this note ,I would like to share my experience related to the sandwiches.Years ago we went on a tour to England and we travelled for almost 13 to 14 hours in our car everday. This went on for almost a month.Ever night my mother-in-law and I sat and made these sandwiches and this kept our tummies full till we reached home at night.Our family had a few senior members, some middle aged, some young and some as young as 2 years old.This sandwich was a universal choice for everyone.To sum up, its everyone’s favourite.