A fragrant recipe for all age groups. I have been making this for almost 10 years. Earlier, I used only lemons but once I ran out of lemons and used lime instead.It was more intense in flavour. Now, I include both the citrus elements in my souffle.
- Lemon -1
- Limes -2
- Eggs -3
- Cold water -3 tbsps
- Powdered gelatine -4 level tsps
- Fresh cream -125 ml
- Castor sugar -150 gms
- Grate the rind of 1 lime and 1 lemon and extract the juice as well.
- Cut the other lime into roundels and keep it for decoration.
- Seperate the egg yolks and keep the whites seperately.
- Grease a souffle dish.
- Put grated rinds, juice, egg yolks and sugar in a bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Dissolve gelatine with water in a small bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- When it dissolves, stir into the lemon mixture and leave it in a cool place to set.
- Whisk cream until it forms peaks.
- Fold this into the mixture.
- Whisk egg whites till stiff and fold in the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the souffle dish.
- Decorate it with lime slices and grate some lime zest on top and leave it in the fridge to set.
- After four hours, it should be ready to serve.