This is one of my favourite tea time snacks.The ingredients are so simple but when put together comes up with such a tasty snack.I make this a day or two earlier whenever I am expecting guests .I make quite a lot and freeze them in seperate boxes.I take them out in batches and use as and when required.
Makes 12 patties
- Medium size potatoes 4
- Frozen peas 100 gms
- Bread slices 2
- Onion chopped finely 1 medium
- Garlic paste 1 tsp
- Ginger paste 1/2 tsp
- Tomato grated 2 large
- Coriander leaves 4 tbsp chopped
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Grated Parmesan 2 tbsps
- Bread crumbs to coat the patties.
- Salt to taste.
Powdered masalas(roasted cumin powder,red chilli powder,chaat masala powder,fennel powder,garam masala powder).
- Boil potatoes.Remove their skin and mash them.
- Thaw the frozen green peas.Run it through a processor to get coarse pea bits.
- Remove the sides of the bread slices and run through a processor to get fresh bread crumbs.
- Mix potatoes,peas and bread crumbs with your hands.Add all the ground masalas 1/2 tsp each.
- Add salt.
- Keep a wok on the burner.Add 1 tbsp oil.
- When it geats hot,add onions,garlic and ginger paste and fry them well.
- Now, add tomatoes and fry till oil leaves the sides of the wok.
- Add this to the ready potato and peas mix.
- Add coriander leaves and lemon juice and give a final mix.
- Give the shape of patties.
- Spread bread crumbs on a plate.Add grated parmesan and mix. Then, coat the patties in them.
- Store in air tight boxes and keep it in the fridge.
- Shallow fry till it gets a brownish colour on both the sides.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce and kasundi( a typical bengali coarse mustard dip).
Happy Navratri !