This is a very simple sweet dish usually made on days when people observe a fast. It provides a high dose of carbohydrate kick.
Makes 8 brownie size squares
- Medium potatoes -6
- Sugar -6 tbsps
- Milk -2 tbsps
- Ghee -2 tbsps
- Saffron strands -8
- Cardamom powder -1/4 tsp
- Pistachios -12
- Fresh rose petals -12
- Boil the potatoes. Peel them and grate to ensure uniformity.
- Keep the grated potatoes in a bowl.
- Add sugar,ghee and saffron strands soaked in warm milk. Add the milk also. Mix well.
- Take a non -stick frying pan. Heat and add the potato mix.
- Fry till ghee seperates from the sides.
- Add slivers of soaked pistachios, finely shredded rose petals and cardamom powder.
- Fry till everthing comes together.
- Transfer to a greased shallow rectangular mould and let it set.
- Keep it at room temperature.Cut into squares and serve.