This is a total delight for vegetarians. Children love it because of it’s sweet and crispy texture.
- Okra (Bhindi) 500 gms
- Cornflour/Rice Powder 2 tbsps
- Salt a pinch
- Black Pepper Powder 1/2 tsp
- Light Soy Sauce 2 tbsp
- Sweet Chilli Sauce 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Garlic 1 tbsp
- Grated Ginger 1/2 tbsp
- Green Chillies (finely chopped) 1/4 tbsp
- Oil (for deep frying and sauce) 1 tbsp
- Wash and dry the okra and slice it at an angle (as is usually done in Chinese cooking)
- Coat the okra with cornflour or rice powder, black pepper powder and salt.
- Pour oil in a deep wok and deep fry till the okra turns crisp.
- Take it out on a kitchen towel and keep aside.
- Drain the excess oil and keep only 1 tbsp in the wok for taste.
- Add garlic, ginger and chopped green chillies to the hot oil and saute.
- Add Light Soy Sauce and Sweet Chilli Sauce and cook.
- Add the okra and coat it well with all the spices. Serve Hot!