This is undoubtedly one of easiest and filling meals I have been cooking for years. It is a french classic .
Makes 25 dumplings
- Chicken breast boneless -125 gms
- Egg – 1 full and 1yolk
- Fresh cream – 2 tbsps
- Bread (sides removed ) – 2
- Caribbean seasoning – 1 tbsp( my twist)
6. Parsley (dried or fresh ) – 1 tbsp
7. Lemon juice – 1 tsp
8. Nutmeg powder – a pinch
Salt to taste.
- Put all the ingredients in blender. Take out the mixture in a bowl .
- Take water in a small bowl. Take 2 teaspoons and dip them in water one by one.
- Take the mixture in one tsp and transfer it to the other spoon. Repeat the process till you get an oval shaped chicken dumpling (Quenelle).
For the chicken soup
- Chicken stock – 1/2 litre
- Button mushrooms (sliced ) – 6 to 8
- Carrot (medium sized) – oblong slices
- Fresh parsley ( chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tsp.
- Take oil in adeep pan. Add carrots to the oil.Saute.
- Now, add the chicken stock.Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid and add Quenelles to the boiling soup.
- Simmer and let it poach for 5 to 8 mins.Do not overcook.
- Add mushrooms and parsley and serve it hot.