Vacations are a challenging time for parents, especially for working couples as children tend to always be hungry and gorge on unhealthy stuff. However, if we parents manage to keep some ingredients ready, there are some quick treats that can be assembled by the kids themselves, boosting their creativity and giving them time away from their world of electronics.
If your children are too young, you can always assemble the treat and keep it in the fridge so that they can have it. This way you know your child eats healthy and on time.
That being said, a whiff of a particular aroma still manages to remind us of holiday time, of summer, when our grannies used to cook up everyday treats. Due to nuclear families, this is not always possible. So, lets give our children the same sort of memories so twenty years down the line they can reminisce about their holidays too!
Double Layered Cheese Cake Sandwich
Yes, this sandwich is as tasty as it sounds and is dead simple to assemble.
- Cream Cheese – 25g
- Jam (works best with any berry jam) – 25g
- Bread Slices (you could teach your children to trim the edges) – 3
- Take a bread slice and spread a thick layer of cream cheese on it.
- Cover it with the second bread slice and spread a thick layer of jam.
- Top it gently and press down gently.
- Cut into triangles (this is least messy)
- It can be had warm or cold.