The much loved and quite expensive cake , which is a craze among youngsters, can be easily made at home if you follow the measurements with precision.
Baking Time : 1 hr 15 mins
- Self -raising flour – 2 1/2 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Cocoa – 2 tbsp
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Red colour – 2 tbsp
- Curd – 4 tbsp
- Eggs – 4
- Butter + oil – 1 cup
- Beetroots ( blended coarsely without water or grated ) – 2 medium
- Vanilla extract – 1 tbsp
For the icing
- Butter – 50 gms
- Icing sugar – 100 gms
- Cream cheese – 250 gms
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp.
- Take butter ,oil and sugar in a processor and blend. Then, add eggs, curd and vanilla and blend .
- When everything blends and you have a pale batter, add beetroot and blend .
- Now ,add the dry ingredients and blend. Transfer the mixture into a greased cake mould.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 degree celcius .Let the cake bake for 30 mins
- After which lower the oven temp to 180 and let the cake bake for another 45 mins .
Let it cool on a wire rack and when it cools cut it horizontally into two parts .
To make the icing
- Add butter, icing sugar, cream cheese and vanilla essence and mix well in the processor. Empty it into a bowl.
- Do not put the icing in the fridge. If you keep it in the fridge take it out 20 mins before spreading the icing on the cake.
- Spread icing on second half of the cake and then put it on the first half so that both the halves stick .
- Cover full cake with the icing . Transfer little of the icing into a piping bag to make beatiful designs and keep it in the fridge.
- Keep the cake inside the fridge. It cannot stay for very long in the room temp because the icing begins to melt.
- Take the cake out and the piping bag as well .Make whatever designs you want to make or adorn the cake with ready made cake accessories .