A Malaysian street food and to me an ideal finger food. Its usually served with peanut dip but you can serve with any dip of your choice.
- Chicken breast boneless (cut into approx 4 cm wide ,15 cm long and 1 1/2 cm deep ) – 200 gms
For the marinade
- Spring onion ( white part ) – 4 – 5 bulbs
- Garlic cloves ( fat ) – 4 -5
- Ginger – 2 inches
- Lemon grass stalks – 2
- Lime – 2
- Lime zest – 1 tbsp
- Hot chillies – 4
- Palm sugar or gur – 4 tbsp
- Coriander leaves and stems – 4 tbsp chopped
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- salt to taste.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender ( except chicken ) to make a marinade .
- Coat the mixture evenly on the chicken pieces and leave ut for an hour .
- Skewer the pieces on the satay sticks .
- Put it on a very hot grill pan or any non – stick pan .
- Cook on both the sides for about 5 minutes .
- Serve hot with any dip of your choice .