Now you can surprise your friends and relatives with your own home made pizza. You can make the dough and freeze it. Whenever required take it out from the freezer. Leave it in a warm place for an hour or two. Its ready to be rolled.
Ingredients for the dough
- Refined white flour (maida ) – 500 gms
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 1/2 tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil – 6 tbsps + 1 tbsp
- Active dry yeast – 4 1/2 tsps
- Lukewarm water – 125 ml ( Dont add water all at once )
To make the dough
- Take sugar and yeast in a bowl .Add 4 – 5 tbsps of lukewarm water .Cover and keep aside for 15 mins .
- Take maida , salt ,extra virgin olive oil in an electric kneader or mix with your hand. When everything comes together add water slowly as required and knead to make a sticky dough.
- Bring the dough on a flat surface ( Your kitchen platform or your work surface ) Knead it stretching the dough and again bringing it back with the heel of your hand. Continue this process for 5 mins.
- After 5 mins make a ball with the elastic dough and keep it in a large bowl. Drizzle 1 tbsp of oil in the base of the bowl and on the dough .Cover and keep it in a warm place.
- After 2 hrs ,open the lid and punch the dough and knead it further for five mins. Cover and leave for two hours. Open the lid and punch it ,bring it together. Your pizza dough is ready.
To make the pizza
- Pre-heat the oven at 220° C .
- Divide the dough into 6 balls. Roll one ball with a rolling pin (not very thin ).
- Keep it on an ovenproof plate
- After keeping the rolled out pizza on the ovenproof plate ,place grated processed cheese around the circumference of the pizza and fold the corners as shown in the picture .
- Spread my home-made Arabbiata sauce on the pizza .Top it with anything you would love to have on your pizza .(My toppings include fresh mushrooms sliced ,my grilled chicken ,coloured peppers sliced ,home-made salami ,corn kernels ,paneer ,sun dried tomatoes ,black and green olives ,fresh mozzarella and for a hawwaian touch add fresh pineappples .
- Then grate mozarella cheese on top . I usually make a mixture of many types of cheese namely gouda ,monterey jack ,cheddar ,fresh mozarella and parmesan and cover pizza with the cheese .
- Bake it for 15 minutes .Your pizza is ready to serve .
This was my elder daughter’s idea and it worked pretty well in the end.