This humble dish has always been a showstopper.Even when my table is full with an array of dishes this preparation has always managed to make its mark .
Red pumpkin-250 gms (diced into small cubes)1
Freshly grated coconut-2 to 3 tbsp
green chilli(chopped very fine)-1
salt to taste
dried red chilli-1
1. Take oil in a wok.When hot,add mustard seeds and dried red chilli.
2. When they begin to splutter,add pumpkin dices,salt,sugar(optional) and stir to coat evenly.
3. Cover and cook for 5-8 minutes on medium flame or until the pumpkin loses its pointed edges and become roundish at the corners.
4. After removing the lid,stir and then add grated coconut and milk.Mix to coat everything well.When milk dries up add green chillies and stir.
5. Serve hot with rice or roti.