Green peas are in The prime of their season and what better way to incorporate their nutritious goodness other than this thick delicious soup. The slight hint of mint gives it it’s absolutely unique flavour.
1. Green Peas (fresh or frozen). 250gms
2. Mint Leaves with stems. 4-5
3. Green Chiili. 1 small
4. Garlic Cloves cut into thin Roundels. 4-5 cloves
5. Salt. To taste
6. Fresh Mozzarella Cheese (or any other) 50 gms
7. Water (if the soup becomes too thick, you can add as per your requirement) 500 ml
8. Olive Oil 1 tsp
- Take 500ml of water, salt, mint leaves with stems, green chilies and peas in a deep pan and let it come to a boil. Let the peas cook through on a medium flame for 10 minutes. Turn off the flame.
- Let it cool. In the meantime, take a small wok, add oil and garlic roundels in it and let it turn a crisp brown. Ad this to the peas.
- Put everything in the blender. Discard the mint leaves and stems. Add cheese and blend.
- Strain the soup using a sieve into the pan and heat it.
- Serve hot
One thought on “Minty Green Pea Soup”
Pingback: Minty Green Pea Soup | Foodfhonebook