This scrumptious dessert is among the most favoured orders in Restaurants. Topped with a generous dollop of Vanilla Ice Cream and a drizzle of thick chocolate sauce, it is no wonder this dessert is so well loved. Even if the vanilla ice cream is forgone, the sizzle of the chocolate sauce on the sizzling plate and the unique aroma can draw you in from tables away.
Servings: 16 pieces
- Self Raising flour 125 gms
- Sugar (Demerara) 125 gms
- Butter 100 gms
- Curd 125 ml
- Eggs 3
- Dark Chocolate (slab or chips) 225 gms
- Cocoa Powder 2 tbsps
- Coffee Powder 1 tbsp
- Salt 1/2 tbsp
- Vanilla Essence 2 tbsps
- Honey 1 tbsp
- Put the chocolate and butter in a double boiler to melt
- Take all the dry ingredients except the sugar in a bowl
- Keep the wet ingredients in a separate, bigger bowl. Add the eggs and beat until the sugar melts
- When the chocolate mixture is ready, turn off the flame and keep it aside
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix evenly.
- Add the chocolate mixture and fold it in
- Take a square greased mould and transfer the batter to it
- Preheat the oven at 180° C for 10 minutes and then set the time for 45 minutes at 190° C
- The runnier the batter, the longer it will take . The brownie should be a little gooey when completely done.
- Serve hot brownie on a very hot sizzling plate with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and hot chocolate sauce on top
For the chocolate Sauce
Take 50 gms of dark chocolate, 2 tbsps of cocoa powder, 10 gms of butter, 10 ml of milk, 10 ml of water, 1 tsp of coffee powder and melt it on a double boiler.
Once everything melts, take it off the burner and mix evenly. Your chocolate Sauce is ready.