Looking for an appetizer for your vegetarian friends? Here’s a solution you can whip up in 10 minutes!
Button Mushrooms (Medium Sized) 10-15
Onion (Finely Chopped) 1 medium sized
Garlic (Finely Chopped) 4 Large cloves
Ginger (Finely Chopped) 1 inch piece
Celery (Finely Chopped) 6 2.5-3 inches
Bay Leaf 1
Whole Wheat Flour 1 tbsp
Black Pepper Powder 1/4 tsp
Butter 1 tsp
Milk 4 tbsp
Parsley/Coriander leaves (Finely Chopped)
Salt to taste
1. Wash the mushrooms thoroughly, pat them dry using a kitchen towel, cut them into neat quarters.
Tip: Don’t discard the stalks, they enhance the flavour of the soup.
2. Take a deep pan and add the butter, onion, garlic, ginger and celery to it.
Note: If you add the veggies after the butter has melted, they are likely to burn or turn brown which is not what we want. So we turn the flame on after this step
3. Turn the flame on medium and stir gently till you get a nice aroma.
4. Add the mushrooms, stir again.
5. Add the whole wheat flour and stir till all the veggies are coated in it.
6. Now add Black Pepper Powder, Salt and the Bay leaf.
7. Add Water and let it come to a boil.
8. Cover with lid and cook for 5 minutes.
9. Remove the lid and stir the soup with a ladle.
10. Simmer the gas burner and add milk to the soup.
11. Cook for 2 minutes.
12. Finally, add chopped parsley or coriander leaves and serve hot.
Try the recipe and let me know your views and suggestions via comments. Drop in an email regarding any food related queries at email@example.com
Looking forward to hearing from you!